Audio, Video, Radio and Podcasts
Worried about the cost of high-end production? Our media production rates are competitively low and there are no contracts to sign! You specify your budget, schedule, recording, and production requirements and we’ll work with you to get your project off the ground. Get started today with a free consultation by filling out the form below!
For nearly thirty years, news radio production has been the main focus here at the Steel on Steel studio. However, it’s not just the Steel on Steel Radio show that keeps us busy. We produce high quality audio for public radio and internet podcasts. Our highly trained staff records, edits, and produces some of the best audio on the market today! Find out more about Steel on Steel Productions.
Do you currently have a radio program or podcast and want that professional sounding edge? We can fully produce multiple voice, radio quality programming with intro and outro bumper music and midstream transitions, adding that well-polished quality that sets you above your peers.
We officially produce on a full-time basis, but we can handle multiple production projects with our simultaneous recording and editing bays. Production lead-time is merely hours and we can turn around most projects the same day.
We use Comrex Digital Phone Hybrid and Comrex Digital Access devices to connect you and your guests anywhere around the world. In some instances, your guests may use Skype to connect for the interview. Your audio is joined and recorded locally in our studio for clean and efficient handling. The production staff will edit and filter the recorded audio for a final mixdown to your specification.
À La Carte Services Include
- Multi-track recording.
- Audio editing and mastering.
- Producing the intro/outro segments.
- Finding podcast-safe music for intros & outros.
- Voice-over work for promos.
- File tagging or re-tagging and upload for posting.
- Creating a custom branded Android and Apple iOS mobile app.
Initial Production Consultation
- Free consultation regarding the vision of your program and requirements for production workflow.
- Discuss equipment requirements and recording schedule.
- Discuss recording, mastering, editing and posting parameters.
- Discuss mixdown and posting options and publishing and editorial review hand-off.
Recording Services and Workflow
- Connecting you with your guest(s) and recording high-quality 16bit, 44,100Hz .WAV audio in separate stereo tracks.
- Monitoring record levels and flagging any potential errors or corrections.
- Providing scripted voice talent for host/ co-host situations.
- Voice talent for commercials, midstream spots and announcements.
Audio Editing Services and Workflow
- Editing out “uhs” and “ums,” prolonged silence and excessive breaths and any other unwanted phrases.
- Filtering out background room noise or any other unwanted audio artifacts.
- Removing flagged errors and inserting retakes.
- Vocal compression, noise reduction, hiss/ phone/ ground hum removal, balance, level, and EQ.
- Adding of intros, outros, promos, spots, commercials, or music bumpers.
- Mixing down to -16 LUFS stereo, or -19 LUFS mono, audio standard for podcasts in high quality 64-320kbps MP3.
Publishing the Final Show
- Tagging the file with the proper ID3 Meta Tags, Album Art, Title, and SEO Tags.
- Uploading the final show to your server, cloud storage, or media host.
- Sending a proof for compliance ahead of final publishing date/time.
- Publish the RSS feed to over 20 destinations including iTunes, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify and others.
- Publish to your custom mobile app (if applicable) with detailed show notes, links and graphics.
- Publish the show to your designated social media accounts.
- We can do same-day turnaround for time-sensitive information.
Get started today with a free consultation!
Fill out the form below to request a free consultation and rate card. Be as detailed as possible with the requirements of your finished product. We look forward to working with you!